George Burrows Group Insurance
From 1st May 2017, the British Transport Police Federation Group Insurance Scheme will feature some new and significantly enhanced benefits. This follows a complete scheme review by the Federation and our insurance partners George Burrows, who currently provide group insurance protection for over 100,000 serving and retired police officers in the UK.
The new package of benefits includes:
- £125,000 Life Assurance (with 20% advance of benefit in cases of terminal prognosis)
- £3,000 Child Death Grant
- RAC UK & European Motor Breakdown Assistance (Roadside, Recovery, At Home, and Onward Travel)
- Mobile Phone/Gadget Insurance
- Worldwide annual multi-trip family travel insurance
- Personal Accident lump sum and weekly benefits
- Sickness benefits (includes shift allowance and 20% of salary if pay reduced due to ill health)
- Legal expenses
- Care First Counselling service
Group insurance membership is included in your monthly Federation subscription which will be increased to £35.20. The group insurance element costs £17.20 per month, while Federation subs remain the same at £18.00 per month.
Cover is now also available for partners at £5.48 per month. The partner scheme provides £62,500 Life cover and includes RAC Motor Breakdown, Mobile Phone/Gadget insurance together with Personal Accident lump sum and weekly benefits. Full details of partner cover can be found in the summary of cover brochure (below) and the application form is available to download.
Download a summary of the cover provided
Download the partner scheme application form
Other usefull documents